I am sharing my experience of talking to with Atlassian. The entire procedure is divided into the following areas:
The online test was carried out on Hackerrank. The time period was 90 minutes and there were 3 issues.
- This was a variation of https://leetcode.com/problems/boats-to-save-people/.
- It was a basic issue( 75 pts). (There were 2 strings a, b. We needed to erase every event of string b in a (and after erasing once again the very same procedure in the customized string).
- This was a basic issue( 100 pts). You are provided n and an input variety with n numbers.
- You need to inform the minimum variety of operations required to select each component from the input variety to make an arranged plan.
- Every insertion and elimination is 1 operation.
- An arranged plan is essentially a selection that is arranged.
- let’s comprehend with an example.
- let n be 4 and input variety be 2 4 1 3
- so initially we take 2 and place them in the empty arranged plan. so 1 operation
- then the arranged plan is- 2
- then we select 4 and put it in the arranged plan. so we would put after 2 so 1 operation
- then the arranged plan is- 2,4
- then we select 1 and put it on the left so 1 operation.
- then the arranged plan is- 1,2,4
- ( now this is necessary) now we select 3 and put we can either get rid of 1 and 2 put 3 and after that once again put 2 and 1 back or we can get rid of 4, put 3, and once again put 4.
- undoubtedly, the latter takes 3 operations and the previous takes 5 operations. so we would carry out the latter one.
- response is 1 +1 +1 +3= 6 operations.
- 12 individuals were shortlisted out of 200 and I was among them.
Technical Round 1:
There was one recruiter and he was truly cool and remarkable. It was carried out on Zoom.
So, first of all he presented himself and asked me to do the very same. Then he informed me to go over any of my tasks. There were numerous follow-up concerns like why I picked the tech stack which I utilized, and much more. Then, he asked me my preferred CS topic (other than for DS Algo as he was going to offer me a coding concern later), so I responded to OS and DBMS. So he picked DBMS and asked me about some core principles like Normalisation, ACID residential or commercial properties, signs up with, deadlock, and so on
After this, he asked me about my internship experience and likewise covered some HR concerns in between( which were connected to the core worths of Atlassian).
Next, he asked me to share my screen and provided me a concern to code.
He provided me this concern https://leetcode.com/problems/longest-consecutive-sequence/.
The real thing they wished to test was how I approach the issues. How I debug them (Really crucial). How to manage corner cases? How to keep things easy? All the while, revealing what u are truly attempting to do instead of being peaceful and coding. Likewise, he desired me to compose an appropriate working code, which I did. He was extremely motivating and passionate!
Technical Round 2:
This round included a single recruiter and was carried out on Zoom.
It was a code set round on Hackerrank. It was long and extremely extensive.
It can likewise be partitioned into several stages:
- Conversation on tasks. I pointed out several tasks including REST APIs, MongoDB, NodeJS and so on
- It took more than 0.5 hrs. The focus was on:
- What does it suggest? Why u picked this over others?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks? What are the technical difficulties u dealt with?
- Ex: Why REST APIs? Why MongoDB? and so on
- It was an analytical round.
- The recruiter was not extremely clear about the requirements of the issue so it took truly a long time to comprehend the issue. So, I recommend u comprehend the issue by consistently asking clarifying concerns. The concern was primarily to carry out the LRU cache.
- He asked me some fundamental concerns about CN.
- The interview was set up for 1 hr however it opted for 1hr 20 minutes roughly. However, it was extremely fascinating and I enjoyed talking about principles with the recruiter.
- Concerns I asked the recruiter:
- What are the chances I would have at Atlassian?
- The points he spoke about were truly handy and amazing.
- How his experience has been till now?
- It was a remarkable experience.
- This concludes my experience with Atlassian. Hope this post assists to get an understanding of the interview procedure at Atlassian.
Outcome: Turned Down
All the very best